News.co.nz The man accused of helping save lives in the World War II attack on the twin towers is suing New York City and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
News.co, a joint venture of News Corporation and Fairfax Media, has asked the court to force the government to release its records about the 9/11 attacks and to order the government and its agencies to pay compensation for the losses.
The lawsuit, filed on Tuesday, claims the 9-11 attacks were a “deliberate attack on a federal, state and local government by terrorists.”
It claims the US government’s response to the attacks was “delusional, reckless and criminal”.
“The government of the United States was in a position to stop the attack on New York and the US homeland,” the lawsuit says.
The suit also accuses the Federal Reserve Board, which oversees the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), of failing to properly monitor the bank.”
[The government] did not respond adequately, did not investigate thoroughly, did so in an atmosphere of fear and confusion.”
The suit also accuses the Federal Reserve Board, which oversees the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), of failing to properly monitor the bank.
The lawsuit was filed in federal court in New York, the same day the US president is expected to announce his response to 9/10.
The government has said it will release its official response on Tuesday.
Last year, US President Barack Obama said the 9th of September was “a day of grief, pain and sacrifice” but said he wanted to avoid a repeat of the events of 2001.